Accessory drive belt - Porsche 911 C2 / C4 type 996 / 997, Boxster / Cayman type 986 / 987 w/ AC
Quality Dayco serpentine accessory drive belt for Porsche 911, Boxster and Cayman models equipped with the M96 or M97 engine until 2008 with air conditioning. Dayco was the OEM supplier to Porsche for this belt.
Recommended to be replaced every 60,000 miles as a preventive measure on Porsche vehicles seeing an average mileage of 10,000 to 12,000 miles per year. Vehicles seeing less mileage, or those which sit for long periods without being run especially in a non-climate controlled environment, should have their belts replaced on a time rather than mileage basis, typically every five years. Regardless of vehicle use an annual inspection should be performed to check for cracking, damage or other issues.
We also recommend checking and if necessary replacing the accessory belt tensioner and tensioner roller when replacing the accessory drive belt. As a relatively simple but crucial part of your Porsche's cooling, air conditioning, power steering and electrical systems, a drive belt system issue can lead to significant engine failures at worst or leave you stranded on the side of the road at best. If in doubt, replace. A new accessory drive belt is cheap insurance to avoid more significant problems.
- Porsche 911 C2 / C4 / C4S type 996, 1999-2005
- Porsche 911 C2 / C4 / C4S type 997, 2006-2008*
- Porsche Boxster / Boxster S type 986, 1997-2004
- Porsche Boxster / Boxster S type 987, 2005-2008*
- Porsche Cayman / Cayman S type 987, 2006-2008*
- *Not for models with DFI engine.
- Dayco part 6PVK2115
- Size 6PK2115
- For cars with air-conditioning
- Direct fit for easy installation.
- Designed for high mileage multiple-accessory drives.
- Resistant against wear, oil and heat.
- Constructed with Aramid reinforced EPDM compounds.
More from this collection
from $ 195.00